Lemon Scones with Maple GlazeMay 17, 2021
These butter free, low added sugar, whole grain scones are delicious! I love to include these on a weekend morning brunch. Bonus: they are so easy to whip up!
Lemon Scones with Maple GlazePrint
Prep Time10 min
Cook Time10 min
Total Time20 min
- 2 Cups spelt or whole wheat flour (you can substitute with whole wheat flour or part white flour)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Lemon Zest
- pinch of salt
- 1. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. (That is, all dry ingredients).
- 2. In another bowl mix the liquid ingredients; in this case they would be milk, egg, oil, honey and lemon zest. (When they are mixed, remove a tablespoon and reserve as this will help us to glaze them before baking) .
- 3. Little by little incorporate the mixture of liquids into the mixture of dry ingredients until they are mixed well until they form a mass. (If the mixture still looks very liquid or sticky, use flour until it is a compact dough).
- 4. Work dough into a ball. Press into an 8-inch disc. With a sharp knife, cut into 8 wedges. Place scones 3 inches apart on a lined baking sheet.
- 5. Glaze the scones with the tablespoon of the reserved liquid ingredients, Bake at 425 ° F for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown. While scones are baking, prepare maple glaze.
- 1. Combine all ingredients of glaze and mix well. Pour glaze on hot scones.