Miso Barley SaladApril 15, 2021
There are so many ways to incorporate whole grains in your diet. Barely is often used in soups, however, equally as delicious eaten as a side dish! The miso dressing in this salad is a great way to jazz up this dish!
Miso Barley SaladPrint
- 1 cup uncooked barley
- 1.5 cups corn ( can use frozen)
- 1-2 tsp date sugar, or brown sugar
- 3/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 cup edamame beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 red chili, diced small
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Cool barley according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- 2. Add a tsp of olive oil to pan, and cook corn with date sugar or brown sugar until caramelized. Set aside.
- 3. Prepare dressing by combining all dressing ingredients and shake or mix well.
- 4. Combine barley with corn and remainder of salad ingredients. Add dressing. Mix well. Enjoy !