Roasted Cauliflower Carrot and Bean SaladMay 9, 2023
This salad is bursting with delicious flavours! Inspired by Indian, and Moroccan cuisine. It can be used as a main dish of a plant based meal, or a side dish.
Roasted Cauliflower Carrot and Bean SaladPrint
Prep Time30 minutes
Cook Time30 minutes
Total Time1 hour
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into bite size florets
- 5 medium-large carrots ( about 4 cups)
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 can lentils, rinsed and drained (or 2 cups cooked)
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained ( or 2 cups cooked)
- 1/2 cup Red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- * 1/4 cup olive oil
- * 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- * 1 Tbsp honey
- * 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- * 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- * 1/2 tsp turmeric
- * 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- * 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- * 1/4 tsp salt
- * 1 clove garlic, minced
- * black pepper to taste
- 1. Pre heat oven to 400f
- 2. Chop cauliflower into bit size florets, and carrots into 1/2 inch round circles. Place vegetables on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and salt. Toss to coat. Spread the vegetables into an even layer.
- 3. Roast cauliflower and carrots for about 30-35 minutes or until crisp tender and charred in some parts. Remove from oven. Let cool.
- 4. While, the vegetables are cooking, prepare the dressing: combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and whisk.
- 5. Place chickpeas and lentils in a large bowl. Chop red onion and cilantro and add them to the bowl. Add roasted cauliflower and carrots. Add dressing. Toss to combine.
- 6. Serve and enjoy